Pipe Repairs


  • Suspect a breakage in the water pipes?
  • Multiple faucets not working?
  • Toilets draining slowly?
  • Do your bathtubs and sinks drain slowly?
  • Does waste water backup into drains?
  • Is there a broken sewer pipe from your property to the street?

Let our highly trained and certified plumbers find the pipe problem! Call (866) 375–3569 today!

  • Drains – Drain p-traps, Continuous waste, Waste and Overflows, Drain vent repairs, Air gaps, Dishwasher drains, Lateral drains and sewer line repairs, Grease traps installation and repairs, Landscape area drain lines, Roof drain lines.
  • Gas lines – All size gas repairs and leak detection. New gas line installations including polyethylene gas pipe, gas lines for BBB grilles, fire pits, gas ranges, out door gas heaters.
  • Irrigation Lines – Repairs on all kinds of irrigation lines, replacement of irrigation valves, wye strainers, pressure regulators and backflow prevention devices.
  • Main Water Lines – Leak detection and repair on all kinds of domestic water service lines. PVC, CPVC, all polybutylene water lines, apex, galvanize, copper, and  others.
  • Sewer Lines – Line location, drain & sewer camera inspections and repairs on all ABS, PVC, cast iron, copper drain and sewer lines.
  • Swimming pool lines – Repairs on all PVC and all polybutylene lines.

When a pipe repair is determined possible, the problem may be fixed using techniques such as sleeves, composites, and weld repairs. Our plumbers use the appropriate repair method based on their training and experience with pipe defects.

SpecArrowPlumbschedule on line or call 760-731-7000 to make an appointment now!


Accessible – Means having access to, but which first may require the removal of an access panel, door, or similar obstruction.

Airgap, Drainage – The unobstructed vertical distance through the free atmosphere between the lowest opening from any pipe, plumbing fixture, appliance or appurtenance conveying waste to the flood level rim of the receptor.

Backflow – The flow of water or other liquids, mixtures, or substances into the distributing pipes of a potable supply of water from any sources other that its intended source.

Backwater valve – A device installed in the drainage system to prevent reverse flow.

Ball valve – A valve with an internal part that is shaped like a sphere with a hole through the center. When turned 90 degrees, the hole is crossways of the flow and stops the flow.

Bathroom – A room equipped with a shower or bathtub.

Branch – Any part of piping system other than a main, riser, or stack. Branch vent – A vent connecting one or more individuals vents with a vent stack or stack vent.

Brazed joint – Any joint obtained by joining of metal parts with alloys which melt a temperatures higher than 800 degrees F. but lower than melting temperatures of the parts to be joined.

Building supply – The pipe carrying potable water from the water meter or other source of water supply  to a building or other point of use or distribution on the lot.

Check valve – A device that permits fluid flow in one direction only.

Combination thermostatic/pressure balancing – A mixing valve which senses outlet temperature and incoming hot and cold water pressure and compensates for fluctuations in incoming hot and cold water temperature and pressures to stabilize outlet temperatures.

Confine space – A room or space having a volume less than 50 cubic feet per 1000btu/hr of the aggregate input rating of all fuel burning appliances installed in that space.

Contamination – An impairment of the quality of the potable water which creates an actual hazard to the public health through poisoning or through the spread of disease by sewage, industrial fluids or waste.

Continuous vent – A vertical vent that is a continuation of the drain to which it connects.

Continuous waste – A drain connecting the compartments of a set of fixtures to a trap or connecting other permitted fixtures to a common trap.

CPVC (Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride) – Plastic pipe similar to PVC except that it can be used with temperatures up to 180 degrees F.

Critical level – The critical level (C-L or CL) marking on a backflow prevention device or vacuum breaker is a point conforming to approved standards and established by the testing laboratory which determines the minimum elevation above the flood level rim of the fixture or receptacle served at which the device may be installed.

Cross-Connection – Any connection or arrangement, physical or otherwise, between a potable water supply system and any plumbing fixture or any tank, receptacle, equipment or device, through which it may be possible for non-potable, used, unclean, polluted and contaminated water, or other substances, to enter into any part of such potable water system under any condition.

Die – A tool used to make an external thread such as on the end  of a piece of pipe.

Flood level rim – The top edge of a receptacle form which water overflows.

Flush valve – A valve located at the bottom of a tank for the purpose of flushing water closets and similar fixtures.

Flushometer tank – A tank integrated within an air accumulator vessel which is designed to discharged a predetermined quantity of water to fixtures for flushing purposes. Flushometer valve – A valve which discharges a predetermined quantity of water to fixtures for flushing purposes and is actuated by direct water pressure.

Flux – A substance applied to soldered and brazed connections to prevent oxidation during the heating process.

Mold – A fungus found where there is moisture that develops and releases spores. Can be harmful to humans.

PE (polyethylene) – Plastic pipe used mainly for underground gas main lines and lateral lines.

Pipe – A cylindrical conduit or conductor, conforming to the particular dimensions commonly known as pipe size.

Plumbing – The business, trade, or work having to do with the installation, removal, alteration, or repair of plumbing and drainage systems or parts thereof.

Plumbing fixture – An approved type installed receptacle, device, or appliance which is supplied with water or which receives liquid or liquid-borne wastes and discharges such wastes into the drainage system to which it may be directly or indirectly connected.

Plumbing system – Includes all potable water building supply and distribution pipes, all plumbing fixture traps, all drainage and vent pipes, and all building drain and sewers, including their respective joints and connections, devices, receptors, and appurtenances within the property lines of the premises and shall include potable water piping, potable water treating or using equipment, medical gas and medical vacuum systems, fuel gas piping, water heaters and vents for same.

Pollution – An impairment to the quality of the potable water to a degree which does not create a hazard to the public health but which does adversely and unreasonable affect the aesthetic qualities of such potable waters for domestic use.

Polybutylene – Plastic pipe used for underground water and in geothermal heat pumps.

Potable water – Water which is satisfactory for drinking, culinary, and domestic purposes and meets the requirements of the health authority having jurisdiction.

Pressure – The normal force exerted  by a homogeneous liquid or gas, per unit of area, on the wall of the container. Static pressure – The pressure existing without any flow. Residual pressure – The pressure available at the fixture or water outlet after allowance is made for pressure drop due to friction loss, head, meter, and other losses in the system during maximum demand periods.

PSI – Abbreviation for pounds per square inch.

PVC (polyvinyl chloride) – Plastic pipe used in pressure applications for water and sometimes gas as well as for sewage and certain industrial applications.

Roughing-in – The installation of all parts of the plumbing system which can be completed prior to the installation of fixtures. This includes drainage, water supply, gas piping, vent piping, and the necessary fixture supports.

Slip joint – An adjustable tubing connection, consisting of a compression nut, a friction ring, and a compression washer, designed to fit a threaded adapter fitting, or a standard taper pipe thread.

Soldered joint – A joint obtained by the joining of metal parts with metallic mixtures or alloys which melt at a temperature no less that 300 degree F, usually above 800 degrees F.

Stack – The vertical main of a system of soil, waste stack or vent piping extending through one or more stories. Stack vent – The extension of a soil or waste stack above the highest horizontal drain connected to the stack.

Tailpiece – The pipe or tubing that connects the outlet of a plumbing fixture to a trap.

Trap – A fitting or device so designed and constructed as to provide, when properly vented, a liquid seal which will prevent the back passage of air without materially affecting the flow of sewage or waste through it. Trap arm – The portion of a fixture drain between a trap and the vent. Trap primer – A device and system of piping that maintains a water seal in a remote trap. Trap seal – The vertical distance between the crown weir and the top dip of the trap.

Vacuum – Any pressure less than that exerted by the atmosphere.

Vent – Any pipe provided to ventilate a plumbing system, to prevent trap siphonage and back pressure, or to equalize the air pressure within the drainage system.

Water hammer – A loud pressure pulse that occurs when valves close fast. Water hammer arrestor – A device that absorbs hydraulic shock, either of the air chamber or mechanical device designed.

Water main (street main) – A water-supply pipe for the public or community use.

Water supply system – The building supply pipe, the water distributing pipes and the necessary connecting pipes, fittings, control valves, and all appurtenances carrying or supplying potable water in or adjacent to the building or premises.


schedule on line or call 760-731-7000 to make an appointment now!